The Government Center East Building is closed for in-person appointments.
Send Emergency Assistance applications to email@example.com or fax to 651-266-3909. Call the Emergency Assistance hotline at 651-266-4884 for application help, questions about eligibility or to find out the status of your application.
Get help with rent, mortgage, utilities or car repairs
Ramsey County residents who have lost of income due to COVID-19 and need help paying for housing costs may be eligible for Emergency Assistance.
- Adults with children and those who are pregnant can receive up to $5,500 in housing assistance.
- Single adults can receive up to $3,000 in housing assistance.
- Families and single adults can receive up to $3,000 in utility assistance and/or for repairs for vehicles used for work transportation.
Emergency Assistance helps pay for:
- Past due rent and mortgage payments.
- A damage deposit.
- Utilities, including electricity, heat and water, when there is threat of disconnection.
- Car repairs for work transportation.
For information on emergency housing, visit Housing Services & Support.
Apply | Call 651-266-4884 for assistance
- Fill out the Emergency Assistance Application (PDF) and email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 651-266-3909.
- If you are not already receiving public assistance and are applying for multiple programs (SNAP, health care, cash, child care assistance) you can also apply online at applymn.dhs.mn.gov.
For questions about the application, your application status, or eligibility requirements, call the Emergency Assistance hotline at 651-266-4884. Financial Assistance workers can answer general questions about the program, mail you a paper application, or help you do a phone application.
You may be eligible for Emergency Assistance if you:
- Are a Ramsey County resident.
- Do not have enough resources to resolve your crisis (such as past due rent, mortgage, utilities, or car repairs for work transportation).
- Can show that you will have enough income to pay your bills moving forward.
- Can show that your income is lower than 300% of the Federal Poverty Guideline. See chart below.
|Household size||300% Federal Poverty Guideline|
|Additional||$1,120 per member|