Rules and Policies
The fee to transfer a reservation is $15.
- Transfers must be made at least 30 days prior to the original reservation date.
- No transfers to subsequent years.
- No refunds for transfers made to a less expensive facility.
Cancellations and refunds
Refunds are not offered for acts of nature or inclement weather cancellations.
Picnic shelter reservations are non-refundable.
Pavilion reservations may be canceled within 60 days of payment and at least 60 days prior to the event date for a refund. A $29 cancellation fee will be applied to the refund.
Pavilion reservations that are canceled more than 60 days after the payment or within 60 days of the event date are non-refundable.
Special Use Permits
- No refunds.
Beer and wine
- Beer and wine permits are available upon request with certain shelter and pavilion reservations at no additional cost.
- Permits allow for the possession and consumption of alcoholic beverages within specified park grounds from 30 minutes before sunrise to 30 minutes after sunset.
- Keg beer is allowed only by a special permit granted by the Director of Parks and Recreation for a specific area on a specified date.
- Keg beer and wine must be served in paper or plastic cups. Cases of beer must be in cans.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited at Tony Schmidt Regional Park (except inside the shelter) and Lake Josephine, Lake McCarrons and White Bear Lake county parks.
- Alcoholic beverages are not allowed in beach areas.
To ensure the lasting beauty of park facilities, the use of tape, markers, staples, chalk or nails is strictly prohibited.
A clean-up fee will be charged if the facility is not cleaned after use.
Shelters and pavilions:
- Wipe down picnic tables.
- Put all trash and recyclables in designated containers.
- Dispose of hot charcoal in designated containers (do not dump it on the ground).
Pavilions (with kitchens):
- Clean kitchen and equipment.
- Sweep and mop floors if food or beverages were spilled.
- Return all janitorial supplies and equipment to storage room.
With the exception of guide animals, pets are not allowed at any park building, shelter, beach, picnic area, wildlife refuge, golf course or nature interpretive area.