Special Use Permits

Contact us

Ramsey County ordinance requires a Special Use Permit for all events and activities not covered under normal park reservation permits.

Permission for specific activities may vary by location, as not all sites can accommodate large activities. You must obtain permission for specific activities in designated parks prior to booking your event. Activities requiring a Special Use Permit include, but are not limited to:

  • Religious ceremonies, weddings and baptisms.
  • Run, race and walk events.
  • Petting zoos (no large animals allowed).
  • Community events.
  • Fishing contests.
  • Water ski events.
  • Reservation requests within seven days of your event.
  • Other activities outside of normal picnic activity.

All run or walk race events, as well as other events as determined by the Parks & Recreation department, are required to provide a certificate of insurance naming Ramsey County, its officials, agents, employees and volunteers as additional insured.

You will be asked to upload the certificate of insurance, maps, tax exempt forms or other relevant documents when you submit your application online. 

Apply for special use permit