Cash Assistance

Contact us
Alert symbol on red background

COVID-19 update

The Government Center East Building is closed for in-person appointments. For the limited situations where it is not possible for a resident to interact with staff via telephone or online, the Government Center East Building is open 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday.

To apply for Cash, SNAP, Child Care Assistance or Emergency Assistance, visit:

 All Financial Assistance intake interviews will take place over the phone, rather than in-person. After an application is submitted and assigned, your assigned financial worker will call you for your phone interview. Clients can send applications and verifications via email at [email protected], fax to 651-266-3942 or drop them off in the drop box outside of the East Building.

If you are receiving financial assistance through Ramsey County, annual renewals for child care assistance, cash and food programs have now resumed. You will be notified when you have a renewal due. If you are unsure whether you need to complete a renewal, call your financial worker or our main contact center at 651-266-4444 between 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday. If you have questions about your Medical Assistance case in the MNsure system, please call 651-266-3870 between 8 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Monday-Friday.

COVID-19 information and resources

Ramsey County offers cash assistance to eligible low-income residents through a variety of programs.

Burial assistance

General assistance for low income adults

Minnesota Family Investment Program

Minnesota Supplemental Aid

Refugee assistance